Pages

วันเสาร์, มิถุนายน 26, 2553

TO GET TO KNOW NEW ZEALAND

I understood a little bit more about the differences concerning the life style among Western, American and Asian by living in New Zealand. Probably, New Zealand is not a best reference to talk about this kind of thing but it is one of the UK colonial countries so many of the culture and lifestyle are quite influenced by UK unavoidably, including America by TV programs.  Due to the language, the majority of local people speak English with their own accent, which is difficult to understand, the indigenous Maori even more different and much more difficult! 


In the beginning of living here, I didn't understand much because of their accent. I was really nervous to use English and struggled on phone calls! I couldn't communicate much with local people, who I sometimes met in my apartment building or shops.  I was worried about speaking and listening, even Fab was also confused in the beginning. Anyway, I improve a lot now, I have been taking time to watch TV to help getting familiar.  Food TV and Movie are becoming my favorite programs because the rest are not interesting at all and the cooking is my favorite activity at home.

I mainly stay at home and cook, which I believe that many people would do the same. Related to the weather, in June-August is the winter, the temperature starts decrease dramatically and rain occasionally all day long. The more it gets cold and rain, the more I prefer to stay home. I start enjoy cooking more and more, many menus that I made sometimes are horrible but many of them taste very good too.  Thanks and accredit to Gordon Ramsay's recipes, my favorite chef at all time, whom the recipes taste amazing and his personality is pretty unique!
However, bisides the hamburger, pie, bread and western food, which are the typical food here, 'Fish &Chips' is the most popular dish. Anyway all of them are not my favorite so cooking for myself is the best choice.


One more thing that I completely understand is the reason why 'Farang' are so crazy about sunbathing and bikini when they go to Thailand, they really cannot do it here. It's too cold!!! ~_~'

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...