Pages

วันพฤหัสบดี, มิถุนายน 24, 2553

BELONG TO AUCKLAND

Today, this morning is the first time after four months that I can feel like I belong here. I took a walk to the Warehouse, which is my favorite store. Even though, my life has dramatically changed lately from a working and shopaholic women to be a housewife, amazingly I'm not in shocked anymore, especially today I feel really enjoy! Not many places that I can go unless the store where the housewares are available, and yes, it quite makes sense!? Warehouse in Auckland and Tesco Lotus in Thailand are quite similar, I can go often and spend a few! After walking around, then time for lunch, nearby I found my favorite dish 'Pad Thai' New Zealand style. I'm not a stranger anymore, as I feel quite comfortable! :-D

It's 13 degrees approximately, I'm still not getting use to this cold as it's quite cold for Thai people like me. However, I prefer this weather to extremely hot as the (always) summer in Thailand, at least my hair not get wet and I can spoil myself with the lotion and perfume. Absolutely, I still miss Thailand but less than before, because I start to feel enjoying here with the atmosphere, environment especially now 'On Sale Season', which is starting due to the winter. Wow...many stores start on sale their summer products and absolutely I won't miss this season! 'Cotton on' is becoming my favorite shop, with 50% discount! ;-D Last week, I spent for many shirts, honestly, without job I felt like becoming a girl again. To spend a little money, I already feel guilty! It made me laugh at myself to try to be a good girl.

Albert Park

Part of Albert Park

Moreover, my 4 weeks of English class participation is also amazing. It helps me a lot to get to know this place. 'Languages International' school in Auckland, located on Princes St., surrounded by beautiful green scenery, opposite to the University of Auckland and only 10 minutes walk from my apartment, is where I enroll the English Advanced Program.  The morning class program starts with English for Business, 8:30am-10:30am followed by the Grammar class in the afternoon at 12:50pm-3:00pm. Everyone will have some free time during the gap of both classes, we mostly spend the time enjoyable in the Learning Center, where the school provides many good equipments and stuffs for their students to practice English, such as Internet, computers, TV, Video, library with several English books and lessons, as well as some games and magazines for a little entertainment. After the afternoon class, it's my sight seeing time for Auckland City. I walked back home via Albert park to Queen St., enjoy clean air, green scenery and cool weather, until arrive my apartment at Albert St., may be stop by a bit for a little shopping.  Good life, isn't it? No job, No stress!


The School
Anyway I started the program without any expectation, but rather than spending my free time and the English Advanced Certificate that I've got, I also meet many nice foreign friends and good experiences with them. More importantly, my life perspective is also changed, I enjoy very much Auckland now.


The University of Auckland

2 ความคิดเห็น:

  1. I am glad to hear your course was so valuable, and that you have found a sense of belonging in Auckland. Come back and visit us some time. All the best! - Hannah

    ตอบลบ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...